For a typical ERP 6.x customer, moving to the SAP S/4HANA On-premise edition requires a database migration to SAP HANA (if the customer is not yet running SAP HANA), followed by the installation of the new simplified code. Changes in adaption on the customer’s side are also required.
The most prominent example for which the customer needs to adapt to these SAP S/4HANA On-premise edition 1511 delivery simplifications is the custom code, which needs to be compliant with the data structure and scope of the appropriate SAP S/4HANA release.
Based on the “Simplification List for SAP S/4HANA”, SAP will provide information about the S/4HANA On-Premise delivery related simplifications for each application/functional area.
Key benefits of the SD data model changes:
- Reduced memory footprint (simplified document flow, elimination of index tables, fewer aggregates)
- Increased performance of HANA queries
- Functional scope enhancement through extended field lengths
The following data model simplifications have been implemented for the SD area:
- Elimination of status tables VBUK, VBUP: Status fields have been moved to the corresponding header and item tables – VBAK and VBAP for sales documents, LIKP and LIPS for deliveries, VBRK for billing documents
- Simplification of document flow table VBFA
- Field length extension of SD document category:
- Data element VBTYP (Char1) has been replaced by data element VBTYPL (Char4)
- Field VBTYP_EXT (Char4) has been eliminated