SAP HANA Cloud Platform can be used to extend existing SAP on-premise solutions, to enable mobile scenarios and as an outbound channel to reach consumers.
Extensibility based on SAP HANA Cloud Platform use a full-fledged development platform to build extension applications (Java, SAP HANA native development).
Extend SAP on-premise solutions enables you to:
- Innovate while keeping your core SAP solutions stable
- Integrate with SAP and Non-SAP systems
Simple example which is represented here enables sales order search by customer and sales organization by using BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST function module. Another use case example (not showing here) is that Vendors or Customers can update part of their master data, such as addresses or contact person phone number etc.
Follow the steps below:
1. Configure the Host Mapping in the Cloud Connector
2. Create new destination in SAP HANA Cloud Platform Cockpit
3. Create and Publish Java Servlet to the Cloud
In a data integration scenario, we can fetch table query results of the RFC_READ_TABLE2 function module.