Mjesečna Arhiva: Prosinac 2014.

Distinguishing Cause from Effect

The discovery of causal relationships from purely observational data is a fundamental problem in science. The most elementary form of such a causal discovery problem is to decide whether X causes Y or, alternatively, Y causes X, given joint observations … Nastavi čitati

Objavljeno u Nekategorizirano | Ostavi komentar

Docker containers on YARN

There is one big improvement that has to happen before Docker becomes ready for most enterprise users to deploy it on YARN. That’s the support of user ID namespaces within Docker, which will ensure that an application with root-level permissions … Nastavi čitati

Objavljeno u Nekategorizirano | Ostavi komentar

The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2014

http://resources.idgenterprise.com/original/AST-0127029_The_Forrester_Wave_Big_Data_Hadoop_Solutions_Q12014.pdf Most firms estimate that they are only analyzing 12% of the data that they already have, leaving 88% of it on the cutting-room floor (Source: Forrsights Strategy Spotlight: Business Intelligence And Big Data, Q4 2012). Repressive data silos and … Nastavi čitati

Objavljeno u Nekategorizirano | Ostavi komentar

ETL off-load to Hadoop

http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Whitepaper-Apache-Hadoop-Modern-Data-Architecture.pdfData Warehouse Workload Optimization. The scope of tasks being executed by the EDW has grown considerably across ETL, Analytics and Operations. The ETL function is a relatively low-value computing workload that can be performed on in a much lower cost … Nastavi čitati

Objavljeno u Nekategorizirano | Ostavi komentar